INVITATION FROM BOLTON BRANCH OF CAMPAIGN FOR REAL ALE
Bolton CAMRA are launching its Community Pub of the Year Award.
This will be decided this autumn by Branch members and to help make our decision we are inviting pubs within Bolton Borough to apply. Use the following guidance to let us know why you are a great community pub.
CAMRA’s best community pub should look to achieve some or all of the following:
- Serve and take opportunities to promote at least one real ale and/or real cider
- Take positive steps to provide an environment where everyone should feel welcome and feel comfortable regardless, of their gender, sexual orientation, race, health, religion, age or disability. Examples might be providing disabled access, provide staff training to in equality issues, participating in schemes such #AskAngela or signing up to the Everyone Welcome Initiative.
- Promote the pub as a positive part of the local economy and environment. This may be by serving local food and drink where possible, or by working in partnership with other local business such as food outlets or taxi firms. You may also have taken steps to reduce noise or antisocial behaviour eg through the delivery of training, education to staff and/or by taking part in the Best Bar None Bolton Borough Scheme.
- Interact with the community to promote your pub, its events and its real ale/cider through use of social media (eg Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) or other innovative marketing.
- Run events which encourage social interactions eg quiz nights or discussion groups.
- Make good use of the spaces available in your pub or grounds for community events or meetings especially if these are free of charge to local clubs and societies.
- Support or sponsor a local sports team, or other local community groups.
- Organise collections or fund-raising events for local charities.
- Look to be open at times which might enable the pub to be used during the daytime by local groups or those who are less able to be out in the evening.
- Organising a pub darts team or other games to play in a local league.
- Providing live music concerts by professional musicians, organising open mic and sing-a-long sessions.
- Providing notice boards advertising local events and services.
Entries are closed for this year.
More information on what is a Community Pub can be found here
90 total views, 2 views today